- This topic is empty.
November 5, 2020 at 7:16 AM #11237Mark HenryGuest
The Shepherd’s Life
A People’s History of the Lake District
by James Rebanks
- Author: James Rebanks
- ISBN: 9780385682848 (0385682840)
- Awards: The Royal Society of Literature Ondaatje Prize Nominee (2016), Waterstones Book of the Year Nominee (2015), The Wainwright Prize for UK Nature Writing Nominee for Shortlist (2016)
- Release date: April 7, 2015
- Language: english
- Genres: memoir, biography, nature, history, animals, travel, autobiography
- Format: hardcover, 256 pages
- Publisher: Doubleday Canada
About The Book
Some people’s lives are entirely their own creations. James Rebanks’ isn’t. The first son of a shepherd, who was the first son of a shepherd himself, he and his family have lived and worked in and around the Lake District for generations. Their way of life is ordered by the seasons and the work they demand, and has been for hundreds of years. A Viking would understand the work they do: sending the sheep to the fells in the summer and making the hay; the autumn fairs where the flocks are replenished; the gruelling toil of winter when the sheep must be kept alive, and the light-headedness that comes with spring, as the lambs are born and the sheep get ready to return to the fells.
Paperback ebook The Shepherd’s Life James Rebanks read online. MOBI book The Shepherd’s Life download on iPhone on IndieBound. Hardback The Shepherd’s Life by James Rebanks buy cheap on Book Depository. PDF book The Shepherd’s Life for reader. EPUB ebook The Shepherd’s Life read on Bookshop.
FictionBook The Shepherd’s Life by James Rebanks Mac. Hardcover book The Shepherd’s Life James Rebanks buy for PC. MP3 The Shepherd’s Life download on Powells. Online ebook The Shepherd’s Life James Rebanks download on Books-a-Million. TXT book The Shepherd’s Life read Kindle.0