- This topic is empty.
November 8, 2020 at 3:19 PM #12505Sarah BoldenGuest
by Paul Auster
- Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
- Places: New York City, New York, Paris
- Release date: October 27, 2009
- Genres: fiction, contemporary, novels, american, literature, mystery, drama
- ISBN: 9780805090802 (0805090800)
- Format: hardcover, 308 pages
- Author: Paul Auster
- Awards: International Dublin Literary Award Nominee (2011)
- Characters: Adam Walker, Gwyn Walker, Rudolf Born, James Freeman
- Language: english
About The Book
“One of America’s greatest novelists” dazzlingly reinvents the coming-of-age story in his most passionate and surprising book to date
Sinuously constructed in four interlocking parts, Paul Auster’s fifteenth novel opens in New York City in the spring of 1967, when twenty-year-old Adam Walker, an aspiring poet and student at Columbia University, meets the enigmatic Frenchman Rudolf Born and his silent and seductive girfriend, Margot. Before long, Walker finds himself caught in a perverse triangle that leads to a sudden, shocking act of violence that will alter the course of his life.
Three different narrators tell the story of Invisible, a novel that travels in time from 1967 to 2007 and moves from Morningside Heights, to the Left Bank of Paris, to a remote island in the Caribbean. It is a book of youthful rage, unbridled sexual hunger, and a relentless quest for justice. With uncompromising insight, Auster takes us into the shadowy borderland between truth and memory, between authorship and identity, to produce a work of unforgettable power that confirms his reputation as “one of America’s most spectacularly inventive writers.”
Online Invisible for PocketBook. MOBI book Invisible by Paul Auster download on Kobo. PDF ebook Invisible Paul Auster buy on Book Depository.0