- This topic is empty.
November 8, 2020 at 10:03 PM #12636Charlotte JulianGuest
I Shall Not Want
(The Rev. Clare Fergusson & Russ Van Alstyne Mysteries, #6)
by Julia Spencer-Fleming
- Author: Julia Spencer-Fleming
- Characters: Russ Van Alstyne, Clare Fergusson, Jonathan Ketcham
- Language: english
- Genres: mystery, fiction, romance, crime, suspense, thriller, contemporary, adult
- Series: The Rev. Clare Fergusson & Russ Van Alstyne Mysteries, #6
- Publisher: Minotaur Books
- ISBN: 9780312334871 (0312334877)
- Format: hardcover, 336 pages
- Release date: June 10, 2008
- Awards: Agatha Award Nominee for Best Novel (2008)
- Places: Adirondack Mountains, New York, Millers Kill, New York
About The Book
Millers Kill reaches the boiling point in this white-hot novel of love and suspense
People die. Marriages fail. In the small Adirondack town of Millers Kill, New York, however, life doesn’t stop for heartbreak. A brand-new officer in the police department, a breaking-and-entering, and trouble within his own family keep Police Chief Russ Van Alstyne busy enough to ignore the pain of losing his wife — -and the woman he loves.
At St. Alban’s Episcopal Church, the Reverend Clare Fergusson is trying to keep her vestry, her bishop, and her National Guard superiors happy — -all the while denying her own wounded soul.
When a Mexican farmhand stumbles over a Latino man killed with a single shot to the back of his head, Clare is sucked into the investigation through her involvement in the migrant community. The discovery of two more bodies executed in the same way ignites fears that a serial killer is loose in the close-knit community. While the sorrowful spring turns into a scorching summer, Russ is plagued by media hysteria, conflict within his department, and a series of baffling assaults.
As the violence strikes closer and closer to home, an untried officer is tested, a wary migrant worker is tempted, and two would-be lovers who thought they had lost everything must find a way to trust each other again — -before it becomes forever, fatally, too late.
Julia Spencer-Fleming shows you can escape danger — -but not desire — -in her most suspenseful, passionate novel yet, I Shall Not Want.
Online book I Shall Not Want buy Android on Kobo. PDF I Shall Not Want by Julia Spencer-Fleming read online. FB2 ebook I Shall Not Want on IndieBound.0