- This topic is empty.
November 7, 2020 at 12:27 AM #11836Janelle HunterGuest
The Light of the World
by Elizabeth Alexander
- Release date: April 21, 2015
- Format: hardcover, 209 pages
- Author: Elizabeth Alexander
- ISBN: 9781455599875 (1455599875)
- Language: english
- Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
- Genres: memoir, poetry, biography, death, autobiography, art, womens, adult
- Awards: Pulitzer Prize Nominee for Biography or Autobiography (2016), National Book Critics Circle Award Nominee for Autobiography (2015), Hurston/Wright Legacy Award Nominee for Nonfiction (Finalist) (2016)
About The Book
In The Light of the World, Elizabeth Alexander finds herself at an existential crossroads after the sudden death of her husband. Channeling her poetic sensibilities into a rich, lucid prose, Alexander tells a love story that is, itself, a story of loss. As she reflects on the beauty of her married life, the trauma resulting from her husband’s death, and the solace found in caring for her two teenage sons, Alexander universalizes a very personal quest for meaning and acceptance in the wake of loss.
The Light of the World is at once an endlessly compelling memoir and a deeply felt meditation on the blessings of love, family, art, and community. It is also a lyrical celebration of a life well-lived and a paean to the priceless gift of human companionship. For those who have loved and lost, or for anyone who cares what matters most, The Light of the World is required reading.
Online book The Light of the World Elizabeth Alexander read online. Paperback The Light of the World download iPhone on Powells. PDF ebook The Light of the World on iPad.
TXT ebook The Light of the World by Elizabeth Alexander buy on Booktopia. MOBI book The Light of the World Elizabeth Alexander read. FB2 The Light of the World for Android on Dymocks.
FictionBook The Light of the World buy cheap on Amazon. MP3 book The Light of the World by Elizabeth Alexander download on PocketBook. Hardback ebook The Light of the World download.0